Your privacy is important to us.
Effective Date: January 01, 2020
If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights and choices, please contact us as set out in the “How to contact us” section.
What data do we collect?
Odyssey collects the following data:
- Personal identification information including your or your employer’s name, email address, phone number, and physical address.
- Job applicant data including your employment and education history, such as transcript, work samples, and references as necessary to consider your job application for open positions.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Odyssey with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Sign up to our email newsletter;
- Send us a message via the contact form;
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies;
Odyssey may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
Our Clients databases that Odyssey manages on their behalf;
Social networks when you reference our Service or grant permission to us to access your data on one or more of these services;
Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities; and
Publicly-available sources such as data in the public domain.
Odyssey acknowledges that you may have rights in connection with Client Data. If your information has been processed by Odyssey on behalf of a client and you wish to exercise any rights you have with such information, please inquire with our client directly. If you wish to make your request directly to Odyssey, please provide the name of the Odyssey client on whose behalf Odyssey processed your information. We will refer your request to that client and will support them to the extent required by applicable law in responding to your request.
As per the terms of our service agreements with our client, we may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we store information as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, and may continue to retain and use the information even after a data subject request as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How will we use your data?
Odyssey collects your data so that we can:
- Operate and manage our Service;
- Perform services requested by you, such as to respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages;
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities; and
- Improve the Service or other Odyssey websites, applications, marketing efforts, products and services.
- Send you direct marketing about our products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events we think you may be interested in;
- Provide you with advertisements; and
- Fulfil any other business or commercial purposes disclosed to you and with your consent.
If you agree, Odyssey will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
- Service Providers. Our agents, consultants, and other service providers (collectively “Service Providers”) may process your information in connection with their work on our behalf. These Service Providers are contractually prohibited from retaining, using, or disclosing your information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for other commercial purposes.
- Clients. We share information with our clients in connection with us processing information on their behalf. For example, we share information with our clients in order to address your requests, market and advertise to you, and otherwise comply with applicable law.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates for internal business purposes. For example, we may share your information with our affiliates for customer support or technical operations.
- Suppliers and Other Parties. We may share information with suppliers and other parties for business and commercial purposes, including analytics and advertising technology companies. Suppliers may act as our service providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information.
- Contests and Promotions. We may offer contests, surveys, and other promotions (each, a “Promotion”) jointly sponsored or offered by other parties. If you voluntarily choose to enter a Promotion, your information may be disclosed to other parties for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering, you agree to the official rules that govern that Promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other parties to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Merger or Acquisition. We may share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We may share your information to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also share your information as required by courts or administrative agencies and to the extent necessary to permit us to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, the Service rules or policies, or the rights of other parties or to investigate any suspected conduct which WK deems improper. We may also share your information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Service or any other party.
- Consent. We may share your information for any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent.
How do we store your data?
Odyssey securely stores your data at a secure location and we take reasonable steps to help protect the security of your information. To help prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put into place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. However, due to the inherent open nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through the Service.
Odyssey would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt-out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Odyssey from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
Odyssey would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights.
Data protection laws in Europe require a “lawful basis” for processing personal data. Our lawful bases include where: (a) you have given consent to the processing for one or more specific purposes, either to us or to our service providers, partners, or clients; (b) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you; (c) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or (d) processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party, and your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms do not override those interests.
Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Odyssey for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Odyssey correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Odyssey to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Odyssey erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Odyssey restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Odyssey’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Odyssey transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our
Call us at: +44(0)118 214 2560
Or write to us: Odyssey Media Group Limited, 450 Brook Drive, Green Park, Reading, RG2 6UU
We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we store information as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, and may continue to retain and use the information even after a data subject request as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you have any issues with our compliance, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Odyssey uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Odyssey uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Odyssey sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Call us at: +44(0)118 214 2560
Or write to us: Odyssey Media Group Limited, 1 Henley Enterprise Park, Stuarts Lane, Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, RG9 1UF
Odyssey Media Group Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 10094720. Registered office: Theale Lakes Business Park, 5, Moulden Way, Sulhamstead, Reading RG7 4GB.